- Never to comb wet hair.
- Do not rub the head vigorously after bath with a towel.
- Do not frequently expose the head to hot steam, hot water or hot air.
- Regularly apply the coconut oil charged in blue bottle before going to the bed. (at least weekly twice).
- The oil application should be very gentle with the tip of the fingers to the scalp only (avoid vigorous rubbing).
- Add few fresh lemon drops to the charged oil being applied.
- Reduce excessive constructional heat by following methods.
- Daily drink 10 to 12 glasses of water per day.
- Regularly take once cold or lukewarm of water per day.
- Regularly take mixed vegetables raw salads in the night meal.
- Restrict the coffee or tea in take to 1 or 2 small cup per day. (if necessary).
- Avoid tobacco, cigarette and alcohol.
- Take more green and leafy vegetables to avoid constipation.
- Do not use any spurious preparations for remedy of hair fall or hair growth.
- Cleaning the hair with soap nut or shikai powder is good. As alternative better shampoos (mainly ayurvedic) to be with doctor’s advice.
- Take good nourishing diet to strengthen the roots of hair as:-
- Milk and milk products.
- Raw vegetable salads.
- Sprouts-gram and green gram.
- Seasonal fruits.
- Ground nut soaked for 12 hours with jaggary.
- Grated coconut.
- Dal and leafy vegetables, soyabean preparation.
- Soaked raisins, figs and almonds (6 hours) in ratio of 8:2:4 (overnight soaked).
- Black dates.
- Cashew nuts.
- People having specific disease of scalp must consult a skin specialist after seeking advice from family doctor.
- Regular practice yoga asanas concentrating more about sarvanga, head neck and shoulder exercises.
To prevent dandruffs and minor scalp infections:
Preapare the paste of overnight soaked methi (mentulu) and fresh hibiscus leaves.
Mix them and add 8-10 lemon drops. Apply the paste to the scalp and retain it for 1 hour.
Later clean the hair with freshly prepared soapnut water during head bath.
Soapnut water preparation:
Take handful of soapnuts, break them and boil in ½ Liter of water for 5 minutes. After when it cools down – squeeze the broken nuts in water and filter it. Use this filtered water to clean the hair during head bath.