10 Surprising Reasons to Drink More Water
And even dietitians, nutritionists, and medical professionals are contributing to the problem by informing people that they get enough water in their diet in the form of fruits and vegetables. That might be true for some people, but after assessing the diets of countless people, I assure you that isn’t the case for most people.
Plus, have you ever noticed that when you throw vegetables in a pan and turn on the heat you’ll see liquid in the pan soon afterward, and then shortly after that you’ll see steam rising from them? That’s because you’re literally cooking the water out of the vegetables.
More than two-thirds of your body weight is water. Without adequate water your body’s biochemical and electrical (yes electrical, read on!) processes begin to break down. The list of reasons your body needs water is as plentiful as the functions in your body, so due to space limitations, here are 10 good reasons to drink more water:
2. Your bones are over 50 percent water and, you guessed it, need water to make healthy new bone cells.
3. Drinking more water actually helps lessen pain in your body by getting your lymphatic system moving. The lymphatic system is a network of nodes, tubes, vessels, and fluid that move waste out of your tissues. It requires water to function properly.
4. Water helps to eliminate wastes and toxins from your body through the lymphatic system, kidneys, and intestines.
5. Water lubricates your joints and helps reduce joint pain and protect against wear and tear.
6. Water regulates your metabolism so if you’re overweight chances are you may need more water.
7. Water balances body temperature.
9. Water alleviates dehydration (and I’ve already mentioned that most people are chronically dehydrated).
10. Every cell and organ in your body requires adequate water to function properly.
So, one of the quickest and easiest ways to improve your health is to start drinking more pure water every day. Be sure to drink water an empty stomach or you’ll simply be diluting your digestive enzymes and making your digestion less effective.
And, choose purified water as much as possible (but get yourself a BPA-free water bottle so you won’t pollute the planet with all those plastic water bottles. In wealthy, developed nations with plentiful access to water, we really have no excuses for not drinking enough water.
Benefits of Drinking water first thing in the morning.
The idea is to get up and immediately drink four glasses of water and nothing else. Wait at least 45 minutes before having any coffee or tea or breakfast.
Why would you want to do this? Well I have always known the benefits of drinking water and used to do this drinking water before getting on the bike to ride to work, actually I did it for a couple of years and had a lot of energy in the morning. I never knew if the energy was from drinking the water or from the bike ride itself.
Drinking water in the morning will give you energy – The water you drink first think will kick up your metabolism right away and the coldness seems to be a bit invigorating.
Drinking water in the morning will start your rehydration – We lose our hydration at night from breathing out moist air and since we take nothing in and are losing water to digestion we really do get dehydrated.
Drinking water in the morning will help you lose weight – When you drink water in the morning you will find that you have less appetite since you already have the water in your stomach fooling your brain into thinking that you are not hungry.
There seems to be a very popular notion that drinking water or anything in the morning will kickstart your metabolism, this is a benefits of drinking water that I really agree with and I have to agree that over the last week I have had a lot more energy and a much better level of concentration to get more done in the early morning.
Try it and see if it works. There are many more benefits of drinking water that I have not mentioned that you will find very quickly when you go just a few days of drinking water in the morning. Post your comments about what you think firsthand of these benefits of drinking water in the morning idea.